Turmeric is a spicy herb which belongs to the ginger family, has an orange color and a native of Southeast Asia. It has been used for cooking especially in Middle Eastern and Southeast Asian region for many decades. But along the line, some Western medical practitioners came up with some vital health benefits of this herb.
Some of the ways turmeric may benefit your health and how it may be used are:
- Eliminates cancer: turmeric has been found to contain curcumin enzymes. This compound helps to block the enzyme that is responsible for the growth of head and neck cancer. This can be done by mixing turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, garlic, black pepper, in an olive oil and toss with chick-pears. Roast for about 20 minutes and enjoy your meal.
- Reduces inflammations: turmeric possesses powerful anti-inflammatory properties which offer a protective benefit by preventing metabolic syndrome, heart diseases and cognitive decline. It can be used for this health purpose by using it as salad dressing, combined with miso-paste, or apple cider vinegar.
- Fights cold: turmeric when taken with pepper brings about peperine substances. These substances help in the elimination of cold. Using it to fight cold could be done by adding one teaspoon to 12 ounces of water and boiling it. Remove the water from the heat and add one quarter of teaspoon of each of both ginger and pepper.
- Heart protection: turmeric can protect the heart by improving endothelia function, reducing inflammation and free radical damage. To access this benefit, cook your fiber rich whole grain dish like brown rice, guinoa or barley with it.
- Aids the treatment of colitis: turmeric has great tendency of treating inflammatory bowel conditions including colitis. This can be done, by using it to prepare gut-soothing soup.
- Enhances good mood: turmeric acts as an anti depression agent by reversing detrimental brain changes that occur in depression and its also able to boosts the mood regulating neurotransmitters like serotonin and dopamine.
- Fights against neurodegenerative diseases: turmeric is able to combat neurodegenerative like Alzheimer disease due to its anti-inflammatory, antioxidants properties. To effect this disease treatment with this herb, you can spice, blends for fish or toss it with olive oil.
- Fights free radical damage: turmeric anti-inflammatory, antioxidants and antimicrobial properties gives it the ability to promote health. To effect this; consume this herb with a fat containing food or beverage for an easy absorption.
- Boost the immune system: turmeric with such an increased antioxidant enhances the immune system, brain function, protecting the skin from free-radical damage like the environmental pollutants. To do this; add a teaspoon of it to any of your favorite juice or smoothie.
- Eases joint pains: the anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric are easy for relieving joint pain. Hence any inflammation related to arthritis can be wiped off with this herb. Again, this could be very useful for athletes seeking to soothe soreness. A smoothie packed with anti-inflammatory and soothing super-foods, for instance, having frozen blueberries, roasted or steamed beets and turmeric.
Having any of the aforementioned ailments? Chill and just add some of this herb to your daily diet. Don’t forget to make your friends and loved ones to be part of this life’s renewing knowledge by reaching them via any of the shares button below. Together, we can make people live healthy and longer.