The problem most times in selling, is not with what we are selling or the people we sell to. But much of the issues is as a result of the seller’s action. In this world, anything is sell-able to anyone. All you need is to know the “How” as rightly explained in this article.
Basic tips in selling anything to anyone:
- Believe in your product: even as you desire to make many sales, being human, there are still some level of truth and conscience in you. Meaning that can you can’t be bold enough to really convince your customer as much as required if you don’t believe in your product. First step in selling to anyone is to believe strongly in your product. Once that is done, you will see yourself flowing well in marketing that product to your prospective buyer.
- Make it about them: no one wants to be in place where their interest is not considered. If you want a good audience, first make the meeting or encounter with your customer about them by having a genuine concern of what your product can help them with. Hence, you must be able to perceive their needs instead of rushing them to buy your product.
- Research before reaching out: selling should be a two way thing; if you desire your buyer to give you their time and learn about your product, you too must be ready to learn about their businesses, career or family need first. When you have done your research it makes it easier for you to reach out to them, because you will be able add value to their life with your product. For instance, you are selling a hair product to someone who has a salon, it will much easier to convince her by telling her the possibilities of having increased customers from the usage of the particular product. The profit incentive will definitely get her interested.
- Approach them on their level: don’t handle all customers the same way but treat each of them on a case by case basis. Quickly observe their personality and approach them accordingly. You need to make them feel you belong to the same class of thought for them to patronize you. If for instance, you are selling pimples removal product to a lady who you have observed is very obsessed with being loved by a husband; approaching her by stating all the medical effects of pimples, won’t make any sense to her. Rather speak the grammar she will understand by telling her how the husband will love her once the pimples are removed faster with the application of your product. This approach may not just work with on another customer.
- First build rapport: being a salesperson or a business person, people already know that you are there for the specific reason of making sales. But you don’t need to make it too obvious like that is all you care about. You will have as much time as needed to do all of that. But first, learn to be welcoming, friendly, caring, jovial, etc. compliment him or her first and ask about their well being like “Oh! How are you doing today”, “you look radiant, what could be the secret”. All these are just to make the person smile and relax for your marketing words to be relevant.
I hope this was helping and will make you a better salesperson.If you found it useful you could also share this knowledge to friends and loved ones through the share button below.