R2Bees is a Ghanaian Hip- Hop and Hip-life Duo from Tema, Accra, Ghana. The Duo is made up of Rashid Mugeez and Faisal Hakeem. They both are cousins and grew up in the same home in Tema, east of Accra in Ghana. They attended the same primary and secondary school.
R2Bees Biography Archives
They started their rap career while still in secondary school where they participated in rap competitions and also in inter school music contest.
R2Bees got their stage name from the phrase they often repeated, ‘Refuse to Be Broke’. It is also their inspiration.
R2Bees Music Career
Faisal Hakeem is the CEO while Rashid Mugeez is the lead vocalist. They released their first single in August 2008 which they titled ‘Yawa Girl’ which was a instant hit in the Ghanaian Music Industry. They followed up with the release of ‘I Dey Mad’ where they featured Unda Melodies. ‘I dey Mad’ peaked on many Ghanaian Radio Music Charts for weeks. In 2009, they featured one of Nigerian prominent artiste, Wande Coal in one of their hit single ‘Kiss Your Hand’ which became their third single.
R2Bees first studio album was released in 2009. The album was a 17 track album which they titled ‘Da Revolution’. It featured already released singles: Yawa Girl, I Dey Mad, T.E.M.A, Kiss Your Hand and also new singles: Radio, One More Chance and Africa. All songs in the album was produced by Killbeatz (Joseph Addison).
They released their second studio album on the 29th March 2013 and titled it, ‘Refuse to Be Broken-down Da Revolution II’. They launched the album at the Silver Lounge at the Accra mall. The album was a 19 track album and featured singles like Ajeii, Odo, Life (Walaahi) and Bayla trap. It had guest appearance from Wizkid, Touchy Stryder, Sherifa Gunu, David and Voicemail. The album was also produced by Killbeatz. They released the single, ‘Lobi’ on the 25th of September 2014. The single was a high life influenced song.
R2Bees often Rap and Sing in their native dialect- Twi and also in Pidgin. They also vast in the Hip- Hop Subgenre called ‘Hiplife’ which is the combination of rap and high life. They are well known in the Ghanaian Music Industry and also in other African countries.
- 2009: Da Revolution I
- 2012: Da Revolution II: Refuse to be broke
- Kokoveli ft Wizkid
- Slow Down
- Tonight ft. Wizkid
- Kiss Your Hand
- Plantain Chips
- Gboza ft Davido
- Bayla Trap
- One Shot
- We De Vibe
- Could This Be Love ft Efya
- A Dey Mad
- Yawa Girl
- Refuse to Be Broke
- Killing Me Softly
- Last Chance
- My Song
R2Bees has earned a lot of award during their time in the Music Industry. Some of the awards are:
- Afropop Song of the Year award for the song ‘Kiss Your Hand’ at the Ghana Music Awards in 2011.
- Collaboration of the Year for the song ‘Kiss Your Hand’ at the 2011 Ghana Music Awards.
- High Life Song of the Year for the song ‘Odo’ and Vodafone Song of the Year for their song ‘Lufe’at the 2013 Ghana Music Awards.
- Artiste of the Year award at the Ghana Music Awards in 2014.
- The Ghana Music Award for Hiplife /Hip Hop Artiste of the Year, Best Collaboration of the Year and Group of the Year in 2014.
- Group of the Year award at the 2015 Ghana Music Awards.
R2Bees Personal Lives
Both of the R2Bees duo are still single.
R2Bees Endorsement Deals
R2Bees are one of the biggest recording artists in Ghana and the have lots of endorsement deals from brands to show for it including;
- Brand ambassadors for Star beer a deal reportedly worth GHS 4 billion
- Computer and Phones company rLG in a deal reportedly worth $ 300,000
R2Bees Net Worth
R2Bees has an estimated net worth of $12 million. They currently earn from music sales, live shows, brand endorsements and brands advertising on their social media pages.