The early life, history, personal life and achievements of Korede Bello are contained in the article below. Do read on to find out more about all albums, accolades and humanitarian accomplishments made by our multi-talented and young musician, Korede Bello.
Korede Bello is one of the most amazing musical artists in Nigeria. He is a songwriter, singer, instrumentalist and stage performer. Korede Bello remains one of the most talented personnel’s signed to the Mavin Records. His hit single “Godwin” remains one of the most popular songs he ever produced which brought him to the limelight.
In the year 1996, on the 27th of February in the heart of Lagos, this incredible musician, Korede Bello was born. He is an indigene of Lagos state and was raised in Lagos state where he also completed primary and secondary education. Korede Bello furthered his Education by acquiring a Higher National Diploma certificate in Mass Communication at the Nigerian Institute of Journalism, in Lagos. He remains an Associate member of the Institute of Information Management till date.
Korede Bello started his music career at the tender age of 7. At that time, he was known by friends and family as “African Prince.” He wrote his first song in Primary School although it was not widely known. His First hit single “Forever” was written in Secondary school when he decided he wanted to become a Professional Musician.
The Popularity of his First Single “Forever” brought the attention of the CEO of Mavin Records, Don Jazzy. After some deliberations and show of skills, he was signed to the Mavins Records on the 28th of February in 2014. After that, he released some popular hit singles like, “Godwin,” “African Princess” “Mungo Park,” “Butterfly” “One & Only,” “Dorobucci,” “Looku Looku” and many others.
He draws his musical inspiration from some famous artists in Nigeria such as Tuface Idibia and Asa. He has done much collaboration with favorite musicians also signed to the Mavin Records such as Don Jazzy, Reekado Banks, Tiwa Savage, Dr. Sid and Di’Ja. He is presently working on his second studio album.
It would interest you to note that our lovely musician operates a non-governmental organization called “The Korede Bello initiative.” This organization has as one of its objectives the passion for fighting against social ills, promoting peace and enabling better access to quality life and education in Nigeria. This organization empowers youth with the initiative to embrace peace and assist in the fight against diseases such as cancer.
He has collaborated with many different organizations and held several campaigns to create a wide spread of the purpose of his organization to the general public. One of this campaigns was a conference he held in 2016, themed “police and the media.” This conference was conducted with the sole objective to seek to bridge the gap between the Nigerian Police force and the media with regards to communication, security and national responsibility.
Songs by Korede Bello
- African Princess
- Cold Outside
- Looku Looku
- Jingle Bell
- Mungo Park
- One and Only
- Do like that
- My People
- Melanin Popping
- Work it
- So te
Studio albums by Korede Bello
- Beloved (2017)
Awards and Nominations
Korede Bello has received many different awards in his few years in the music industry.
- In 2011, he won the award for the “Indigenous and Revelation of the Year” at the Tush All Youth Awards.
- In 2012, he won the award for “The Most Wanted Artist” at the Hype Music Awards. That same year, he received an award for the “Young Promoter of Cultural Heritage Award” at the Gong African News Magazine
- In 2014, he won the “Most Promising Act to Watch” at the Nigerian Teen Choice Awards.
- In the same year, he also won the award for “The Best Song of the Year” for his most famous hit track ‘Godwin: in the 4th Annual Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards.
- In 2015, he was nominated for the “Hottest Single of the Year” and “Best New Act” at the 2015 Nigeria Entertainment Awards.
- In the same year, at the Headies, 2015, he won the “Best Pop Single Award” and was also nominated for “The Song of the Year” Award.
- In 2016, he won the award for “Pop Artiste of the Year” by the 2016 City People Entertainment Awards.
- Also in 2016, at the Nigerian Entertainment Awards, he was nominated for the “Best Collaboration” for his performance in the music single “Romantic” in which he featured Tiwa Savage.
- In that same year, at the Nigerian Video Awards, he won the “Best Contemporary Afro- video” for the music video of his hit track “Godwin.”
Recently, Korede Bello got an endorsement deal worth millions of naira with Glo as a Glo Brand Ambassador. His net worth is estimated at $600,000.