Congratulations! Yes! You have been given admission into a higher institution in Russia and you require information about the relevant visa for studying in Russia, then just read on. This article is a guide on how to apply for Russia Student Visa.
Documents for Russia Student Visa Application
- Completed Russia Student Visa Application form
- Letter of acceptance from the institution in Russia
- Valid International passport with at least 6 months validity beyond your intended stay duration and a minimum of two blank passport pages.
- Photocopy of the passport data page.
- dully signed bio data form; this form includes your personal details, purpose of travel and confirmation number
- one current color passport photograph of 2 X2 inches on white background, endorsed at the back
- Travel itinerary
- Visa application fee payment receipt
- Evidence of health’s insurance cover
- Evidence of travel insurance cover
- Nigeria Police clearance certificate
- Tax clearance certificate
- Certificate of eligibility
- Medical certificates covering HIV test of not more than three months.
- Proof of no criminal record or pending legal issues
- Your academic documents like transcript, diplomas, degrees, or any other certificate you acquired from your school
- Statement of your bank account duly signed by the Bank Authority
- Proof of onward travel; showing that you can afford the cost of your leaving the country once your program elapse.
- Proof that you will be happy to return back to Nigeria after your study period
Applicants under 18 years will be required to come along with both the original and photocopy of birth certificate. Also needed is a letter of consent from parents.
APPLICATION METHOD FOR RUSSIA STUDENT VISA:
Having equipped yourself with the basic requirements, you are now good to go for the visa application.
- Obtain your Russia Student Visa application form online via http://visa.kdmid.ru Fill the form carefully with correct information. Don’t leave any question unattended to.
- Collate all the required documents and passports photograph with the application form.
- Submit to the Russia Embassy or Consular office in Nigeria personally.
- Pay a visa application processing fee
- Give a minimum of 20 days for the Russian Embassy Officer to verify and review your documents.
- Next, you will get a response for your visa interview
- Attend the visa interview as appointed
- Once you pass the visa application interview, the final stage will be issuing of the visa which you shall be contacted upon.
- The Russian Embassy Officer may use his discretion to deny you a Russia student visa even if all your documents are complete without having to refund the visa fee.
- In addition to the visa processing fee, there are extra charges such as fees paid to the consulate, shipping etc.
- Visa processing duration may be up to three months.
You can reach the Russian Embassy officer in Nigeria through either of these addresses:
5, Walter Carrington,
Tel: +234-1 261-2267, +234 1 261 5022
Plot 119, Constitution Avenue,
Central Business District,
Tel: +234 812 139 3721