Jackie Appiah whose full names are Jackie Aygemang Appiah is a famous Ghanaian actress and this article is about her life, career, awards and other information you need to know about this Nollywood star.
She was born on the 5th of December 1983 in Toronto, Canada and is the last of 5 children. Jackie Appiah moved back to Ghana from Canada when she was 10 with her mother.
Her father who still resides in Canada is Kwabena Appiah and is the younger brother of a popular Ghanaian lawyer by name Joe Appiah.
Jackie Appiah started her acting career acting the role of Enyonam Blagogee in “Things We Do For Love” after she received an invitation from the writer, Edward Seddoh Junior.
She went on to star in Tentacles, Games People Play, Sun- City and some other TV series.
Speaking about her career, she revealed that she was very shy during her first time on set and that she made so many mistakes which most people didn’t notice but instead applauded her.
Jackie’s first major movie was “Divine Love” where she featured alongside Van Vicker and Majid Michel who were also making the acting debuts.
On her favorite movie, she disclosed that it was “Mummy’s Daughter” a movie where she took on the role of the princess and daughter in the Bartels Family.
After a few years of acting creditably in the Ghanaian movie industry, Jackie Appiah was able to break into the Nollywood industry and she debuted in the movie “Beyonce – The President’s Daughter” where she acted alongside Nadia Buari and Van Vicker.
She went on to feature in so many other Nollywood movies including “Black Soul” and “Bitter Blessing” where she acted alongside actor Ramsey Noah and other like “My Last Wedding”, “Princess Tyra”, “Pretty Queen”, “ The Perfect Picture”, “The King Is Mine”.
Endorsements and Promotion works
Jackie Appiah has featured on several billboards and TV commercials in Ghana including GSMF advert on HIV/AIDS awareness.
She is the face of IPMC and also the face of U.B for their commercials and billboards and TV commercials.
Jackie Appiah is also a brand ambassador for the Pan- African Hair Growth brand.
Awards and Nominations
She has received several awards and nominations ever since she began acting including Best Supporting Actress in a leading role at the 2010 Africa Movie Academy Awards and also the Best Actress in a Supporting Role at the 2007 Africa Movie Academy Awards.
Some of her other awards and nominations include;
- Best Internation Actress at the Pyprus Magazine Screen Actors Awards Best International Actress
- Achievement in Africa Entertainment at The F.A.C.E List Awards (USA)
- Ghana National Youth Archievers Awards in the Performing Arts Category
- Best Actress Diaspora at Nafca for her role in the movie, Turning Point
- Pan African Actress of the Year at the 2011 Nigeria Entertainment Awards
- Glits Magazine favorite actress
- Best Supporting Actress at the 2007 3rd Africa Movie Academy Award for her role in the movie, Beyonce:The President Daughter
- Best Actress at the 2010 Ghana Movie Awards
- Best Actress Leading Role at the 2010 6th Africa Movie Academy Awards for her role in the movie,The Perfect Picture
- Best Actress at the African Women Of Worth Awards
- Best Actress in a Leading role at the 2013 Ghana Movie Awards
- Best Actress in Drama at the 2013 Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards for her role in the movie, The Perfect Picture
- Best Ghanaian Actress at the City People Entertainment Awards
Jackie Appiah has featured in some many movies some of which include;
- The Heart of Men
- Beyoncé – The President Daughter
- The Return of Beyoncé
- Mummy’s Daughter
- The Love Doctor
- Royal Battle
- Chasing Hope
- Run Baby Run
- Divine Love
- Total Love
- Before My Eyes
- Career woman
- Passion Lady
- Tears of Womanhood
- Night Wedding
- 4 Play Reloaded
- Wrath of a Woman
- The Comforter
- Princess Tyra
- the prince’s bride
- Fake Feelings
- Wind of Love
- Passion of the Soul
- Mortal Desire
- Pretty Queen
- The Prince’s Bride
- The King is Mine
- Spirit of a Dancer
- Excess Money
- Her Excellency
- The Perfect Picture
- Prince of the Niger
- My Last Wedding
- Love Games
- A Cry for Justice
- 4 Plays
- Death after Birth
- Golden Stool
- Deadly Assignment
- Turning Point
- Blind Lust
- Black Soul
- Against My Will
- Royal Kidnap
- End of Royal Kidnap
- The Siege
- Royal Honour
- Eye of the gods
- Palace Slave
- Throwing Stones
- Comfort My Soul
- Above Love
- Wind of Sorrow
- Piece of My Soul
- Cold Heart
- Golden Heart
- A Bitter Blessing
- Queens heart
- Kings heart
- Forever young
- Barrister Anita
- Deep Fever
- Sisters At War
- A Letter From Adam
- The Perfect Picture
- Reason To Kill
- Grooms Bride
- Heart of Men
Marriage / Relationship
She was married to Peter Agyemang in 2005 and they have a son together. However, in 2008 the marriage ran into trouble.
Her ex-husband accused Appiah of being a liar though she has moved on with her life and currently dating Bobby Obodo.
She is estimated to be worth about $800,000