Sodamola Oluseye Desmond,who is famously called DJ Spinall and also known as TheCap (The Crazy Azz Party), is a popular Nigerian DJ who was born on the 2nd of June 1985. He is a very successful DJ and has a lot of fans in African and other continents.
He is a mentor to many Nigerian upcoming DJs. He is the first Nigerian DJ to embark on a tour in America and he is also the first DJ to perform at the SXSW Festival in America.
It is also recorded that DJ Spinall is the first Nigerian DJ to be endorsed by any brand in Africa. He was once the official DJ of Mavin Records, worked in many great radio stations and did some jobs with 2face Idibia at Hypertek.
He has released so many hit singles where he featured talented Nigerian artists such as Olamide, Wizkid, Yemi Alade, Mr Eazi , Davido, and many others. Apart from being a Disk Jockey (DJ),he is a Radio personality, Hype man, Songwriter and Record producer.
He was born in Lagos State, into a family of five and he is the third child of his parents.DJ Spinall did his tertiary education in Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Inoye Ogun State(OOU),where he got a degree in Electrical Electronics Engineering. After finishing from the University, he went for DJ lessons and he continually improved himself with online (Djing) videos and tutorials; and he kept on practising it on his own until he became a very good disk jockey. He is an active member of NDJs (Nigerian DJs) worldwide.
This great talented DJ, Sodamola Oluseye Desmond,started bearing the name “DJ Spinall” in 2003 when he started his professional DJ career. DJ Spinall was first signed to Mavin Records in 2003. He has also worked as a DJ with Eko and Ray Power radio stations in Lagos. DJ Spinall has performed as a DJ in several night clubs in America, Italy, UK,South Africa, Dubai, Ghana and even in different states in his motherland, Nigeria.
He is the official DJ for Beat FM Radio Station, Industry Nite, Wande Coal and Channel O Africa.
DJ Spinall’s fearless style of Djing,has made him very popular and made him to work with different artist such as M.I, Ice Prince Zamani, 2face Idibia, Sean Tizzle, Burna Boy, Tiwa Savage and many others. He has performed in great tours in many countries with numerous musicians but the latest major tour was “TheCAPUSTours” which began in August 4th, 2018 . During this tour, he performed for fans across 9 cities in the United States, including; Miami, New York City, Dallas, Florida,Washington DC, Minnesota, Atlanta, Indiana and Jacksonville. In 2016,he performed in One Lagos Brand Launch.
DJ Spinall Cap Legacy
DJ Spinall is not just a multi-talented individual, he also literally wears many hats. This is his trademark and has earned him the nickname The Cap (Crazy Ass Party).
However, “The Cap” according to him actually originated from the excitements received from his fans but it has stuck to him and today reflects his symbol, a cap or hat atop his head at all times. He has caps (or hats) for many occasions from weddings, to award ceremonies and to casual days on the streets. He is never afraid to wear the Nigerian native hat or cap while on a suit. He says the ladies do not mind that this is his style.
DJ Spinalls many hats are designed to earn him a nerdy and quirky look which is not typical of Djs in general but seeks to place certain curiosity within you to find out more about him. The hats he says is his way of representing the African culture.
- The year 2015 witnessed many awesome changes for the young DJ, he received a major deal with Smirnoff Ice drink company, and the contract was been renewed in 2016.
- In 2018, March 20th, DJ Spinall signed another major deal with Pepsi Nigeria alongside DJ Exclusive, DJ Obi, DJ Cuppy.
State of Mind Entertainment which was Founded by Tobi Sanni-Daniel, who manages many great artist such as Hip Hop MC, Ice Prince and many others, is currently the manager of DJ Spinall,
DJ Spinall Songs
Hot Singles by DJ Spinall
DJ Spinall has had so many great singles like :
- “Gba Gbe”(featuring Burna Boy),
- “Oluwa”(feat. M.I).
- “No Sorrow”(feat. Pheelz),
- “Excuse Me”(feat. Timaya‘s),
- “Attendance” (feat. Olamide)
- “Ohema”(feat. Mr Eazi),
- “Package”(feat. David and Del’B).
- “Baba”(feat Kiss Daniel),
- “Nowo”(feat. Wizkid).
- My Story.
Awards and Nominations
- In 2013, he won the award for “World DJ” at the Nigerian Entertainment Awards.
- At the Idander International Awards, he received an award for “ Best Nigerian DJ”
- In 2014, he received an award for “ Best Nigerian DJ” at the Nigerian Broadcasters Merit Awards.
- That same year, he received nominations for “ Best Nigerian DJ” at the Tush Awards ( All Youths Tush Awards)
- In 2015, he received nominations for “Male Disc Jockey of the Year: and “DJ of the Year at the Nigerian Entertainments Awards and City People Entertainment Awards respectively.
- In 2016, he received an award for “Disc Jockey Collaboration of the Year” at the Nigerian Entertainment Awards.
- In the same vein, he also received awards for “DJ of the Year: at the City People Entertainment Awards.
- He also received nomations for “Best Disc Jockey” at the Nigerian Entertainment Awards.
- In 2018, he received nominations for the “Best Collaboration at AFRIMA “Nenso” (featuring Wizkid)
As one of Nigeria’s most influential artists, DJ Spinall is estimated to have a net worth of about $1.6 million.